Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Look Back

I had a not-so-great pregnancy. I was sick the entire time. I was uncomfortable. I couldn't stand for long periods of time without feeling weak. My blood was constantly being drawn and I peed way too many times in a jug than should be allowed since I had all the symptoms of pre-eclampsia. My ankles were swollen for about 6 months straight. But funny thing happens after you have a baby... you forget all of the bad times. Flipping through my photos I saw my progressive belly bump pictures and started thinking. Feeling the first flutters. Watching my belly jiggle as he tap danced on my ribs. Getting the ultrasound and seeing his big grin that I now know and love. I kind of *miss* being pregnant... and believe me, I NEVER thought those words would come out of my mouth in my near future.

 18 weeks and finally showing
 On the beach in Galveston, TX

 My last pregnant picture - 5 days before delivery
 We got our 3D ultrasound late, so this was the best picture we got

Sweet little guy

0 comments:

Post a Comment